Five Kinds of Customers Who will Love the New Blimp Sandwich
February 22, 2016
Blimpie sub shops nationwide recently debuted “The Blimp,” the newest, biggest premium sub offered at our restaurants and a new force to be reckoned with in the fast food franchise space. The Blimp features generous portions of turkey, roast beef, salami, pepperoni and prosciuttini dressed with provolone, pickles, onion, mayo with oil, vinegar, oregano, crisp lettuce, juicy tomatoes and sweet peppers. And we’re proud to announce that The Blimp sub performed so well during initial testing and the Q1 2016 promotion that we’ll be making it a menu mainstay this fall!
Needless to say, The Blimp is a mouthful – but it’s quickly become a fan favorite. Here are five types of core customers who have gone “all-in” on this titanic taste treat:
- Teenage Boys – Have you ever seen a teenager eat? Growing boys are always hungry and more than willing to eat right through their parent’s wallet. While The Blimp won’t stop their eating rampage forever, it certainly provides their parents with a serious (and affordable) “hold me over” that doesn’t break the bank!
- Cyclists and Distance Runners – While the Blimp is great for any athlete looking to fill up on great-tasting protein, it’s a particularly good fit for cyclists and distance runners. We live in a day and age where mud runs, triathlons, marathons and other long-distance challenges have taken over. The Blimp is the perfect fit for anyone looking to load up before the race…or to celebrate a primetime performance!
- Foodies – The Blimpie is PERFECT for competitive eaters seeking their next challenge, food bloggers trying to find the next big thing at QSRs, or someone looking to one-up their friends on Instagram or Snapchat. If you love food, and of course, taking selfies of your food exploits, no sub outperforms The Blimp!
- Road Warriors – Truckers, Pilots, Business Travelers, you name it – they all go countless hours without food in the air and on the road, so when it’s time to eat, they need something that satisfies. And few things can satisfy that hunger like The Blimp!
- And Yes, Your Father in Law, Too – It goes without saying that you’ll never be quite good enough for his little girl, but at least you can prove you’re capable of bringing home the bacon…err prosciuttini…with The Blimp! Keep your father-in-law happy on Football Sundays this fall when the Blimp returns right in time for football season.
Got someone in mind who YOU think would love to take a bite out of the Blimp? Give them the heads up so they can bring their appetite to their local Blimpie this fall. Or, better yet, stop by your local store this fall and grab a couple The Blimp combos for you and your friend for your next lunch or game day meet up!